November 13, 2008
1. Neil Patrick Harris+Bruce Willis+Julia Roberts
The connect is that they played a role as themselves in a movie.
->Bruce Willis and Julia Roberts played themselves in Oceans 12.
->Neil Patrick Harris played himself in Harold and Kumar movie series.
Other people would be Kamal Haasan(Nala Damayanthi), Singer P.Susheela (Don’t remember the name of the movie though 😛 )
2.That is the logo for WIKILEAKS. Its a website which releases secret,sensitive documents and also a lot of Gossips 🙂
3.Almost everyone cracked this one. George W. Bush
The connect is that their clothing lines are spelled backwards.
5.Only Uttara got this right. The person is Manoj Desai. He owns the theatre where the movie Dilwale Dunhiya Le Jayenge is running for more than 500 weeks.
6.A picture of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose without glasses should have been sufficient to crack this one. It is an advertisement for Bausch and Lomb Contact Lenses.
7. Only Sharanyan cracked this question (He didn’t comment on the blog page 😛 ). But a wonderful guess by Yopai
That is Rita Hayworth who was considered the sex bomb of the 40’s. When the United States tested the first atomic bomb, her picture was stuck on the bomb and then tested. (Sex bomb+Atomic bomb. I don’t understand the irony either 🙂 ). The second picture was the logo of the Manhattan Project.
Hence the connect is the Atom Bomb/Nuclear Bomb 🙂
November 5, 2008
This is not an exhaustive list.
2. This is the logo for which product?
3. At school, he formed a stick-ball team called the Nads (providing him and his pals with a chance to shout “Go Nads”). At Yale, he was famous for doing the alligator, a dance that involved falling on the floor and rolling around. At Harvard Business School, he wore cowboy boots and chewed tobacco. Who am I talking about ?
5.Identify this personality and what is his claim to fame?
6. Identify the product being advertised in the picture.
7. And the final connect is…….
November 3, 2008
The last informal quiz was hosted by vidyuth, and here’s what he had to say, 😉
quiz was a major success, and i’m one of the happiest ppl right now. i was very surprised, apparently word got around that i was to be the quizmaster and the entire thing was dominated by 4th and 5th standard school kids! (Apparently the way they see him he wears a cape and matching undies outside with the letter Q written on it! You go vidyuth!!)
Apprehension set in, i didn’t know whether they’d be able to get any. ultimately they didn’t, but a few guesses were highly brilliant :). the nicest thing about this episode was that the guys managed to crack each and every q and i had to give out the answers to only like 3, out of 50.
anyway, here’s the ultimate thing which i used for the finals. didn’t have enough time for round 6, so didn’t go thru with it.
thanks to all those who contributed, sorry that some of you guys couldn’t make it. chal, maybe next time! 🙂
Sadly semesters made me miss it.
So here it is, the e-version of it.
October 31, 2008
Hello Fellow Quizzers,
Announcing that the Fifth session of the Coimbatore Quiz Circle meet will be held this Sunday,November 2nd at the PSG Sarvajana School on Avinashi Road right next to PSGIM.
This time the quiz will be conducted by Mr.Vidyuth a seasoned school quizzer who is just fresh into college and will be followed by a Recap of the ‘World Last Week” by Ms.Atulaa.
Also simultaneously there will be a informal written school quiz conducted by Mr.Ashwin Murali and yet to be confirmed great prizes for this.
Apart from this on the agenda is the selection of members for Different Posts in the working committee and also the finalization of the CQC logo and Caption.
Hence please make this a bigger success by your presence and whole hearted participation at PSG Sarvajana on the above said date at 4.00 p.m.
Also please spread the word around and bring in as many people as possible.
October 20, 2008
1. Which Indian God would you would you associate with the Roman god Janus, after whom the month of January is named?
2. Who was the first Indian Movie star to have a perfume to be named after him/her ?
3. For which discovery was Albert Einstein given the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921 ?
4. Connect Leo and Luxo ?
5. Connections – the Pain of most quizzes
Connect – what else?